British Airways now operates from the new airport in Doha, called Hamad International.
BA operations successfully moved into the brand new Terminal 1, which becomes the home base for oneworld partner Qatar Airways (QR) and also accommodates all oneworld services of Cathay Pacific (CX), Royal Jordanian (RJ) and Sri Lankan Airlines (UL).
Hamad International airport information
- For British Airways check-in please use entry gate 4 into the Departures area
- Check-in opens three hours before departure. It closes one hour before departure for World Traveller/World Traveller Plus customers and 45 min before departure for Club World/First customers
- For transfers, the minimum connection time is 60 min
- Baggage trolleys are free of charge. Luggage porters charge QAR20
- Short-term car parks are currently free of charge. The West car park is the most convenient for British Airways customers.
- Qatar Airways' lounges are not ready for the opening. Premium customers have access to third party Oryx or Al Maha lounges. The Oryx lounge is available for any customer at a charge of QAR140, payable at the lounge reception. Alcohol is served in the airport lounges.
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the airport
- Taxis have an additional standard airport pick-up fee of QAR25
- Public buses are available from the 'Bus Pavilion', located to the right of the Terminal building