LAN Colombia joined oneworld on 1 October 2013 as an affiliate member, bringing the Colombian domestic market into the alliance and another important component of LATAM, South America's leading airline group.
LAN's other affiliates, LAN Argentina, LAN Ecuador and LAN Peru, are already part of the oneworld alliance and TAM, the partner airline of LATAM Airlines Group, aim to join in early 2014.
Key facts about LAN Colombia:
- Book under 'LA' flightcode (LAN Colombia's flights use flightcode series LA3000-3999)
- British Airways passengers can now 'Earn and Burn', book redemptions as per travel on LAN
- Based at El Dorado International Airport, Bogota (BOG)
- International routes from BOG Terminal 2 are Miami (MIA), Sao Paulo (GRU) and Aruba (AUA from December 2013)
- Has 20 domestic destinations all operated from BOG Terminal 1
- Operates 2-cabin Boeing 767s (Business and Economy) on international routes
- Operates single cabin Boeing 737s, Airbus A320s and Bombardier Q400/200 on domestic routes, e.g. Bogota (BOG) - Medellin (MDE), Cartagena (CTG), Cali (CLO) and Barranquilla (BAQ)