British Airways is to introduce a new check-in service on a trial basis with the aim of simplifying check-in and pre-departure process for passengers.
Automatic Check-In (ACI) aims to remove the need for passengers to use traditional check-in channels by offering to automatically check them in.
Travellers who are booked to travel after 2 October 2013 on an eligible flight will be invited 6 days prior to departure to opt-in to the proposition and be automatically checked-in for their flight. Confirmation and/or their boarding pass will be sent to them via email 25 hours prior to departure.
Phase One of the ACI trial will be offered on the following services for travel on or after 2 October 2013:
|LHR - FCO - LHR
|LHR - VIE - LHR
|LHR - CPH - LHR
|LHR - YVR - LHR
|LHR - YYZ - LHR
|LGW - MRU - LGW
|LGW - CUN - LGW
How travellers will experience the service
- 6 days before travel, eligible travellers will be sent an invitation to opt-in, asking them to set their preferences
- At 48 hours before departure the option to be automatically checked-in closes
- Between 48 hours and 26hrs before departure seat assignment will take place and travellers will be automatically checked-in
- Passengers departing from London Heathrow Terminal 5 will be sent an email with boarding pass attachment 25 hours before departure
- All remaining travellers will be sent email 25 hours confirming check-in and asking how they would like to receive their boarding pass
Passenger eligibility for ACI
To be eligible passengers must have accepted their invitation for ACI, provided an email address, have a confirmed ticket for travel and have completed mandatory Advance Passenger Information.
For more information, please see British Airways Automatic Check-In (ACI) FAQs.