Iberia's cabin and ground staff have called for industrial action from Monday 4th to Friday 8th March 2013.
The Spanish Government's Minimum Services Decree gives protection for flights to operate on a reduced frequency. Iberia are planning to operate up to 50% of their European short haul operation and at least one flight on their long haul routes.
Spanish domestic routes will also be reduced but flights between the Balearic and Canary Islands are fully protected.
Passengers are advised to check the status of their flights on www.ba.com (Arrivals & Departures) or www.iberia.com.
The following guidelines apply for BA (125) ticketed passengers with Iberia flights currently OPERATING:
||All sectors booked as a BA*IB codeshare (i.e. BA codeshare on an Iberia operated flight) or IB prime operated by Iberia (or Iberia Express/Air Nostrum on behalf of IB)
|Tickets issued by
||25 February 2013
|Ticket travel dates
||04 - 08 March 2013
||Rebook the same route onto an alternative BA*IB or IB prime flight operated by Iberia (or Iberia Express/Air Nostrum on behalf of IB)
- up to 17 March 2013, if the same booking class is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked
- from 18 March to 30 June 2013, in the same class as original. If not available a higher class may be used provided any fare difference is collected. Change penalties will not apply.
- BA operated services LHR-MAD-LHR are not a rebook option
- Once the passenger accepts a rebook option and their ticket is reissued, further changes are according to the fare rules from original ticket
- Rebook options need to be actioned by 27th March 2013
Advice for BA125 customers whose BA codeshare on an IB operated flight or IB prime flight is CANCELLED:
- Rebook onto the next available BA or if JB routing BA, BA codeshare on an American Airlines (AA) operated flight or BA codeshare on an Iberia (IB) operated flight, to the same destination (same cities/can be different airports), within 3-day period before or a 14-day period after the scheduled departure time of the original flight. If the same booking class is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked. If required the ticket validity may be extended.
- Rebook onto a BA or if JB routing BA, BA codeshare on an AA operated flight or BA codeshare on an IB operated flight to the same destination (same cities/can be different airports), more than 3-days before or more than 15-days after the scheduled departure time of the original flight. Rebook in the same class and cabin. Travel must take place within the ticket validity of the original ticket purchased.
- Refund the ticket purchased to the original form or payment
If the passenger declines the options to rebook to the same destination or refund, then they may be offered the option to reroute following the guidelines below.
- Rebook onto the next available flight on BA prime, BA codeshare on an AA operated flight or BA codeshare on an IB operated flight to the nearest alternative gateway within a max 300 miles* radius. If the same class is not available then the lowest class in the same cabin may be booked and travel must take place within the original ticket validity.
Passengers are advised that the onward travel between the alternative gateway and original destination will be at the customer's own expense, including consequential expenses e.g. car hire, parking costs.