SAS Scandinavian Airlines is to relaunch service between Newcastle and Copenhagen from 4 February 2013, marking the return of scheduled services on the route following an eleven month closure.
SAS will be offering a daily flight to Copenhagen from Newcastle, from Monday to Friday using a 50 seater Cimber Sterling aircraft on a wet lease agreement with CRJ200 equipment. Bookings for the new route will open on 15 November 2012.
Daily flights to Copenhagen will operate Monday to Friday timetable from 4 February 2013 will be as follows:
- Newcastle Copenhagen: departure 19:10 arrival 21:50
- Copenhagen Newcastle: departure 18:00 arrival 18:40
Connections are available at Copenhagen to a number of onward points including:
- Finland (Turku and Helsinki)
- Sweden (Gothenburg and Stockholm)
- Norway (Oslo, Bergen)
- Poland (Warsaw, Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw)
- Lithuania (Palanga)
- Denmark (Aarhus, Billund, Aalborg)
- Russia (Moscow)