There is currently some construction work taking place inside the terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This may result in longer walks, or travellers may be required to take a bus to or from the aircraft.
The work is scheduled to take approximately six months, until the end of November 2012. British Airways are advising passengers of the following guidelines if travelling through Los Angeles during this period:
- Latest airport check-in for travellers with bags is 75 minutes before departure
- Latest airport check-in for travellers with no bags is 60 minutes before departure
- Please allow plenty of time to pass through security and make your way to the boarding gate
- Please be at the boarding gate no later than 40 minutes prior to departure
- Minimum connecting times are not affected. These are 90 minutes for a domestic to international connection, and 2 hours for international to international/domestic connections
- Travellers arriving at Los Angeles may have a longer distance to walk, or may take a from the aircraft.