Etihad has released the first images of its new first class suite, along with stats and a video of the seat in action.
- 82 inch long private suite with a 80.5 inches fully flat bed, with bed width of 29.75 inches
- Each suite with Arabic styled sliding privacy doors
- 23 inch personal TV/video screen, with in-flight entertainment system that allows customers to pause, stop, fast-forward or rewind up to 600 hours of films, TV and radio programmes, and play games
- Personal mini bar
- Illuminated wardrobe with a personal mirror
- In-seat massager, lumbar support and adjustable headrest
- Spacious compartment areas where customers can stow their belongings
- Poltrona Frau leather upholstery
- Extra large (24 inches by 25 inches) wood finished meal table
- In-seat power sockets for PCs, iPod connector, USB ports, Ethernet port and audio jack
- Luxury changing room with full length mirror, raised wash basin and leather fold-down seat
- Luxurious soft furnishings and designer amenity kits
The first aircraft with the new first class cabin - a brand new Airbus A340-600 - is due to enter service at the end of August 2009.
The full roll-out of the new first class suites in the airline's fleet is expected to be completed by the end of 2010.
For more images and to see a video of the seat in action, visit Etihad's website.