Gulf Air unveils state-of-the-art ‘Falcon Gold’ lounge at London Heathrow Airport. New lounge features the best of Arabian flavor and modern facilities
Gulf Air, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, officially opened its new, premium ‘Falcon Gold’ lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 on 8 March 2011.
The expansive, 6500 sq.ft Falcon Gold lounge one of the largest in the terminal - seamlessly combines contemporary design and architecture with Arabic influences, creating an environment that combines peace and tranquillity with extensive modern-day business facilities.
The open plan design of the lounge’s architecture gives a sense of space and freedom with the central area featuring a bar surrounded by well laid out business, dining, lounging facilities, TV areas and private rooms.
Other features of the lounge include:
- Superb views over the runway and apron through a 4-metre high glass wall
- Fully equipped Business Centre comprising of super-fast IMac computers, printers, fax and other office support functions
- Wi-fi throughout the lounge
- Large size plush lounge chairs and sofas
- Central area lit with moonlighting that changes with the light of the day
- Self-service buffet with a wide section of a Halal menu
- A prayer room
- Wash rooms and showers
- Two private family rooms that can be combined to 1 large room
- Baby change facilities
- Secure lockers
- An exclusive Illy Café counter serving a select variety of Italian coffee blends.
Open from 0600 hours to 2230 hours daily, the lounge can accommodate up to 110 persons and all Platinum, Gold and Silver card holding FFP members of Gulf Air, and premium class ticket holders of Gulf Air’s code-share partner airlines.