There is no uniform way in which insurers cover an "Act of God" but certain insurers do offer "catastrophe cover" i.e. anything from natural disasters and SARS to avian flu and terrorism. Policies can also cover other gross inconveniences such as airline failure and strike action.
Points to consider:
- Does your Company Insurance Policy cover travel?
- An 'off the peg' policy normally offers only limited cover e.g. for medical emergencies only
- What is the exact wording in your policy?
- What level of cover does it actually provide? Should this be reviewed?
- Event insurance may be taken out separately through specialist insurers
- Remember - you can't insure after your trip or event
- Before travelling check that you are adequately covered by your Company Insurance Policy
- Non-business travellers should carry their insurance policy with them when they travel
- Proper documentation i.e. valid receipts should always be retained for claims purposes
- Where a separate insurance policy is required, always insure early for the best deal
- Duty of Care - Remember Poland! - check your Company TRAVEL Policy - who can travel with whom?