The government of Kazakhstan has implemented a visa-free programme for all EU and OECD countries from 1 January 2017.
The visa exemption is for a maximum stay of up to 30 days. Travellers can enter and exit Kazakhstan multiple times for up to 30 calendar days from the moment of crossing the state border.
Please keep in mind that even if staying less than 30 days, you must:
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
- Hold proof of sufficient funds
- Hold proof of onward/return airline tickets
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
- Confirm with your airline that boarding will be permitted without a visa as these conditions are subject to change
For stays of longer than 30 days, a visa is required. Check visa requirements →
Up until now, visitors had to pay £35 for a single-entry tourist visa, complete a visa application form, have hotel booking confirmations, and a letter addressed to the consular section of the Kazakhstan embassy.
The visa-free travel to Kazakhstan applies to nationals of: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE and USA.