A new online UK passport renewal service has been introduced by the Home Office.
Following a successful pilot in 2016, the new service enables people to upload a digital photo and enable renewal within 10 minutes.
Passport applicants who meet the following criteria will be directed to the service when they choose to apply online:
- age 26 or over residing in the UK
- do not hold dual nationality
- are in possession of their current passport (not damaged, lost or stolen)
- will not be making any changes to their name
- the passport that is being renewed expired after 2012
Renew your passport online