From 1 September 2015, anyone booking travel to Kenya, who was previously eligible to purchase a visa on arrival, will now be required to purchase a visa online in advance of travel. You can apply for a Kenyan visa on the eCitizen website.
Travellers requiring a visa for travel to Kenya will be asked to produce a printed copy of it at airport check-in. Passengers without the required visa will not be accepted for travel.
Process for online Visa
- Create an account, once account created you will receive a confirmation email that you need to click to verify and confirm your registration.
- You will be asked to upload a digital passport photo (maximum size 500 px by 500 px)
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select Submit Application
- Select Kenyan Visa
- Select the type of visa (visitor) and read the instructions carefully
- Complete the application form - please note that incomplete applications will be rejected and you will lose your processing fees
- You will need a scan of the main page of your passport (with your name, date of birth and other information)
- You will need to re-upload your passport photo
- Pay using your Visa card, MasterCard or other debit card - Visa will cost USD 51.00
- The applications will be approved within 2-3 working days
- The Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of approval
- Print a copy of your Visa to present to the immigration officer at your point of entry in Kenya
For a limited period (1st - 30th September), there will be e-visa kiosks at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO) which will allow guests to apply on arrival, however there will be long delays. We highly recommend all guests to seek prior approval online to avoid long queues and delays at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.